How to terminate VÖEN?

Since I am ceasing my activities, I want to cancel my VÖEN (Tax Identification Number). What procedures are in place for this?

The State Tax Service under the Ministry of Economy has reported that in order to deregister from tax accounting, the taxpayer or their authorized representative (with a notarized power of attorney) must submit the “Application for Deregistration of an Individual from Tax Accounting” and the original tax certificate to the tax authority where they are registered, or to the taxpayer service centers within the jurisdiction of the tax authority, either in person or by mail. If the tax certificate is lost, the taxpayer must additionally submit a written notice.
It should also be noted that if there is an enhanced electronic signature (including Asan Imza), the termination of an individual’s activity can be done online through the Internet Tax Administration portal of the State Tax Service.