In addition to the PIN- and PUK-codes of the usual communications services, the Asan İmza (Mobile ID) SIM-card has security codes (PIN-codes and PUK-code) printed on the body of Asan İmza (Mobile ID) SIM-card and hidden under a scratch-off layer. Please note that the scratch-off area of a new Asan İmza (Mobile ID) SIM-card must not be damaged. These codes are necessary for the use of the Asan İmza (Mobile ID) service.
Bakcell and Nar Mobile
With a valid Asan İmza (Mobile ID) subscription, active certificates and a mobile phone you can confirm your identity and give digital signatures in the internet securely.
- Asan İmza (Mobile ID) PIN1 – a code containing at least 4 digits for the confirmation of identity – authentication
- Asan İmza (Mobile ID) PIN2 – a code with at least 5 digits for digital signing
- Asan İmza (Mobile ID) PUK – a code for unlocking the Asan İmza (Mobile ID) PIN-codes in case these are locked
- Please remember to change your Asan İmza (Mobile ID) PIN-codes immediately after obtaining it. The Asan İmza (Mobile ID) PIN codes can be changed in the “Change codes” section of your phone’s Asan İmza (Mobile ID) menu. You need the PUK code to perform the operation.
- Do not change your PIN1 and PIN2 codes to the same number (e. g. for easy remembering).
- Do not use simple combinations (0000, 1111, 1234 etc) for PIN codes, or pick your birth date, house or apartment number, etc.
If the PUK-code is entered incorrectly for 3 consecutive times, the Asan İmza (Mobile ID) functionality is blocked. If that happens, you must turn to your operator Azercell, Bakcell, Nar Mobile for a new Asan İmza (Mobile ID) SIM-card and then turn to the Asan Certification Services Centre of the Ministry of Taxes (ASXM) or ASAN office for new certificate.